Friday, January 25, 2008

Winter Hours



The last couple of weeks here have been quite cold. This week: sunny and cold, last week, cloudy and cold.

One particularly wintery morning last week, the sky was overcast, and everything was coated with at least a little ice. Scraping and defrosting the Volvo in order to leave for work made me feel as though I lived somewhere that had REAL winters.

Walking from the garage to my office, I noticed that the neighboring Lebanese restaurant had a sign on its door: "New Winter Hours." Had I been transplanted to the East Coast? The white sky threatened snow, everyone passing by was bundled up. This week, the pizza place next door followed suit: taped to a window was a "Winter Hours" sign as well.

So far, snow has just been a tease, but the cold weather has made me feel cozy, and, for whatever reason, reminds me of being a kid. Remember "3-2-1 Contact"?

No comments: