Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Three Weeks With Henry

Derek and I both fell in love with the same individual. A triangle of sorts, but a happy one: a golden retriever named Henry.
I took care of my landlords' dog Henry for three weeks while they were on a Rick Steves' tour in Italy. He is the best dog in the whole world. I'm not exaggerating.
What fun we had! Dog parks, a hike and a splash in the mud at Sauvie Island, watching windsurfing and drinking beer at a dog-centric pub in Hood River, mojitos on the deck upstairs, a hike and swimming at Lost Lake, and dog parks galore. Henry even found a girlfriend at the Gabriel Park dog park: a cute, shiny black poochie named Luna.

One of his most endearing points was that he stomped his feet and raced through the house when he was excited. He memorized the distinctive sound of Derek's car, and would run to the front door to meet him before he even parked his car.
Goodnight Henry, we love you. Looking forward to our next adventure together!

2 comments:

Bruno said...

Awww. Henry completes you.

Felipe Nazário said...

Realy nice dog.

I've passed here just for curious ^^

see you, hope you pass for my blog too.