Friday, June 24, 2011

Post-A-Day #4

This should be post #5, but I wasn't able to write anything yesterday. This has been a draining week. Pilsner (and his cough) arrived yesterday, and he peed on the rug at the office. My super-great job has not been super-great this week, when one person decides to be extremely rude to everyone else, screw up jobs, and micromanage to the nth degree. I now understand what one of my co-workers warned me about long ago. All of this has been compounded by lack of sleep, which causes me to get melt-downy about dog cough and job and not be able to rise above the nonsense as well as I could with a full eight hours.
But things are turning around (knock on wood). Tonight, I talked to poor sick Derek (he probably has kennel cough too) about my week and felt a little better, and then watched a British crime drama, which always makes me relaxed, all the while non-coughing Pilsner was asleep on my lap. And tomorrow, Pilsner's going to the vet, so hopefully they will cure his cough once and for all. I really, really, really hope that next week will be better and less stressful.

I already have a couple of things to look forward to: Preservation Jazz Band (from New Orleans) is playing at the Blues Festival Friday, and Saturday is the Timbers game.
Goodnight.