Saturday, August 30, 2014

I'm Back and Have a New Rule

I have not posted on this blog since 2012 (I think). Whatever the date, it's been a VERY long time. But anyway, due to today's unfortunate, or thinking positively, mixed bag of events today, I am now going to post every single picture I take that possibly has any value to the internet from now one.

Why? What is the unfortunate side of today's mixed bag of events? My 2008 Macbook died. And not just in one one way--no--this sucker had multiple organ failure. But the organ I am most concerned with is the hard drive. At the Mac Store, after removing the hard drive from the [now] mere shell of what my computer used to be, they hooked it up to another device and a computer, to see if they could pull the data from it. Prognosis negative.

The hard drive spun, but the data could not be read. Maybe some other place could do it, and I will definitely investigate these avenues, but it's going to cost me a minimum of $200. Great. Wish me luck with this endeavor, because I fear I will need it.

You might be wondering why I am so concerned about recovering old essays, accounting homework, and law school notes I will never read again. Well, I'm not. But I WANT MY PHOTOS BACK!!! Many are stored on various places online, but not all, and I want them all back! Argh. Very upsetting. If I had made an online album of every single photo I've taken that was of even the slightest bit of value, I would not be in this situation now. But alas, I didn't. So from now on, that is precisely what I will do: backup my goddamn photos to the internet so no matter what my computer, phone, or camera decides to do, the photos will be accessible anywhere.

Now for the positive side of the mixed bag: I went out and bought a MacBook Air. It's pretty cool. No constantly whirring fans, it's fast, has up-to-date software, and the keys light up (ooh, fancy!).

So I have just now uploaded 195 photos to Flickr this very moment. So that's 195 fewer photos to lose when this computer kicks the bucket in a few years (better last a loooong time--this stinker was expensive!).

So here's a nice one that is saved on teh internets 4eva:
Hanoi  yo



No comments: