Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tree in My Parents' House, to Put it Mildly


Last night was extremely windy and stormy here in Portland. Around 9:30, the huge tree in my parents' front yard crashed into their house. Windows shattered, the chimney crumbled, the gutter collapsed, the police arrived, and their little kitten Lulu got frightened (see photo above). Fortunately, my parents are fine, just a bit shaken up, and a bunch of their neighbors, even ones they've never met before, showed up with a chain saw to help them clear the driveway of branches, so that they could drive out and take care of business.
My dad showing me the disaster.
Branches and pines cones all over the backyard.
They had to board the back window because it was completely broken, and the window repairman had a two-week backlog.
Oh, excitement.

1 comment:

Bruno said...

Holy crap, Laura! That's intense!