Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The sky is a serene white with ever so slightly stormy hints of gray streaked in. Warm(ish), not cold, not hot, no sun, no rain. Haven't accomplished much today, aside from the RFP meeting I called to order. My brain and body are sluggish and mellow like the sky.

After 6 months, I have now discovered how to check my email and browse the internet on my phone, free of charge. It has an MP3 player too; who needs an iPhone? I can now render my brain as numb as it is today on a regular basis via information overload on the go.

That's my little coffee and book break pictured above; my book is Turkish, set in Istanbul, and the narrator visits all the little tongue-twistingly named neighborhoods laced with Gs, Ys, and Şs, among others. Istiklal, Taksim...I saw it all in warmth and sunshine, but the book depicts it frosted with snow and gray in light.

No comments: