Monday, August 17, 2009

Not Ready

School starts exactly one week from today, and my classes end earlier in the evening, and I actually got to choose them, so I'm hoping not to feel so fried this year.

Hood to Coast is a week from Friday; I'm volunteering somewhere on Friday afternoon. Then, to the beach for the weekend. Friday night I get the beachhouse to myself (and a special friend), but Saturday evening is the big barbecue after the race. Do I know how many people I'll be cooking for? No. Do I have any idea what to cook? No. But I'm sure it will all come together. Hopefully, I'll figure it out by this weekend, so I'll have time to shop and cook ahead of time, because, as I mentioned before, next week I'll be busy: first week of school.

Slated for this week:
Tuesday: Trainer, meet up with Derek for dinner, and then help him find a new, exciting place to live.
Wednesday: Race out to the Nike Campus in Beaverton for Hood to Coast Volunteer Training, race back to town for appointment with trainer.
Thursday: Meet up with friend in town from Germany
Saturday: Wedding

Doesn't necessarily sound like that much, but I'm at work each day before all those activities, and having everything planned out like that makes it feel like work, rather than fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Busy busy week! Take care and have fun... :)