Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blog Reborn?

I pretty much gave up on this blog, since it seemed like for a while, it was just an outpost of my complaints, and no one wants to read that. But I have a new idea.
I recently finished a book called Radio Shangri-la by Lisa Napoli, and early on, before she journeys to Bhutan, she participates in some sort of self help group where the leader tells them to write down three good things that happen to them that day, every night. I've been having a hard time lately, (OK, more like for the last several years) and often get stuck in a "poor me" attitude. But, if I'm being objective about things, I'm not actually doing THAT badly, and need to remind myself of that. So I've decided to try to write at least three nice things that happened each day, every day. Thus, blog reborn. We'll see how long this lasts, but whatever, it's a good exercise for me.

So here's the inaugural list (in no particular order):

  1. It's team appreciation week at M Financial (where I'm working as a temp), so today they gave us all ice cream in the afternoon. There was even chocolate sauce.
  2. Had a nice chat with Daphne, the other temp, about Hawaii, Asian food, Spam, and restaurants while eating aforementioned ice cream.
  3. It was still light out when I got home from work.
  4. Since I get most of Friday off due to team appreciation events that temps can't participate in, I made an appointment to get my taxes done. Relief.

No comments: