Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Advanced Walking

Yeah, I haven't updated this in a while. I'm too damn busy with school all the time, but I did manage to go to a movie on Saturday, and saw Portland's very own "Coraline." In 3d no less.
It was awesome. I've never seen a 3d movie before, and while that was immensely fun, it's just a really good movie, whether you see it in 3d or not. Good story, very engaging, beautiful to look at. I loved it. Yes, it's a cartoon, but probably not for small children: it would likely scare them.
What else is new? I'm switching to 3/4 time at work, starting next week, which is a huge relief. I'll have the afternoons off to do my homework, instead of trying to stay awake at night to get it done, and then falling asleep and not getting it done. I'm so glad it worked out!
I'm going snow-shoeing Saturday, which I've never done before, but am excited about, because, basically, it's just an advanced version of walking, and I know how to walk. It's a snow sport I will actually be able to do. I tried skiing once. That was frustrating. I don't think I'm coordinated enough to ski, but I bet I can do this. And it will make me exhausted in a good way, which is so rare these days due to 1) the weather, 2) sitting at work all day, and 3) sitting at school all night. I'm often exhausted, but it's mental exhaustion, not physical, and mental exhaustion really doesn't make a person feel good or accomplished. It's just draining. But this is going to be awesome!
That's all for now. I'm on my lunchbreak, and I need to go study--but all that will change next week.

1 comment:

Megan said...

wow, Laura--you sounds busy in the best of ways! miss you!