Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy to Make My Brain Explode

I had a pretty good day, in spite of the year of the ox supposedly being the year of doom for Rams like me. So here's the rundown:
  • Ongoing: Listening to the Decemberists. Yes, they've been popular for years, especially here in their hometown, but I only started getting into them a month or so ago. I love their music: each song is a story, and listening to them, especially on foggy mornings (and there have been quite a few lately) makes the drive to work a jump into daydream land of ships, the high seas, English whores, and vaguely menacing fairytales. I love The Decemberists.
  • One Off: It was sunny and almost warm today--50 degrees. I could almost feel spring.
  • Opportune Happening: On the way home from work, Joe and I noticed a fussball table left out on the street. It didn't fit in the car, but we were close enough that we could just carry it home. And so we did. Now we're constructing a rumpus room in the basement. It's going to be awesome. Liz and Joe already had a Fussball tournament, and from upstairs, it was quite noisy: THWACK! OHHHH! THWACK! Giggle....
  • Coming Soon: the work-school conflict is dying down, and even though I haven't switched to my new schedule yet, just knowing that it's coming is calming me down. What a relief.

To the dire year of the Ox predictions for Rams: FTS. I'm determined to have a good year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm quite excited about your rumpus room. Everyone should have a rumpus room! Not that I do, but that's hardly the point.

And as a fellow Ram, I'd like to say the the year of the Ox is going to absolutely fabulous for us!

Go Rams!