Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random List of Musings

1. Who do I know in Oakland, CA? I have no idea.
2. Actually happy even though it's the holiday season.
3. Today was my last day of work. Not sure how I feel about that, although relief is definitely an ingredient.
4. It is not fair that eating Escape From New York Pizza every day, for every meal, will make you fat and sick.
5. Pumpkin pie.
6. Mad Men+cocktails=happiness and creativity.
7. I love my friends.
8. I'm hearing strange noises upstairs, and I'm really hoping it's a movie, because they're sort of like my parents.
9. I love my friends.
10. No boyfriend until Sunday. Verizon wireless SUCKS. Anyone who travels even a little bit should have AT&T or T-Mobile. Duh.
11. I ought to be making pie crust right now, but I'm not. In terms of cooking, pie crust is up there with zesting on my list of least favorite things.
12. I'll probably make Jeffrey Morgenthaler's eggnog recipe now, and drink it later, and then feel sick a little bit later after that. He's my Facebook friend, although I haven't seen him the last few times I've been at Clyde, because he was out of town.
13. Sometimes, things are just a waste of time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's strange seeing your blog through my RSS feed.

I'm enjoying pie crust now that I use my grandmother's recipe. I need to try it with lard, though, instead of shortening. Know where I can get a small quantity?

Laura said...

I know that Food for Less (82nd and Powell) would have lard, and I'm pretty sure I've seen it at Fred Meyer too.