Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Birds? Alarm Clock? Same Thing.

The last couple weeks or so, the birds seem to know it's spring, even if the weather doesn't, so they've been chirping accordingly. At 6:00 a.m. in fact. Chirp, chirp chirp, chirp (in a ridiculously cheerful tone). The damn birds have been waking me up every morning at that ungodly hour!
Around the same period that the birds started, I noticed that the backlight on my alarm clock has randomly been getting brighter. The backlight is adjustable: no light, low light, or very bright. I always leave it on the low light setting, but have noticed recently that in the mornings sometimes it's at the very bright setting, and have no idea why. It's been really confusing me.
Well, today, the mystery was solved. Apparently, I've been pressing my snooze button at 6:00 a.m. when the birds start chirping. The snooze button is the same button that adjusts the lighting when the alarm isn't active. So in my three-quarters-asleep state, I've started confusing the chirping with the beeping of my alarm. I find that pretty amusing. Hopefully you will too.
My actual alarm clock is pictured below:

No comments: