Friday, April 4, 2008

A Little Update Until I Can Finish My Vacation Posts

So first of all, I just received an email from Lewis & Clark this morning, asking if I was still interested in being considered for acceptance. Well, duh! Not sure what this means though, but I guess it's good in that they still haven't eliminated me yet. I'm still under consideration. But before, they said they would let me know by May. Now they say:

Right now, we are contacting you to see if you are still interested in attending Lewis & Clark Law School should an offer of admission be extended to you. While it could be any time from next week to late August before we make any further decisions on your file, we wanted to give you the opportunity to let us know if you are seriously interested in attending Lewis & Clark.

Ugh! So that's the latest.



Turning to other items, yesterday, I started on another post regarding my vacation, but was interrupted by an invitation, so I will probably finish it this evening. But my invitation was, shall we say, horizon broadening: I went to a baseball game.
I've never been to a baseball game before. It was the season opening game for Portland's minor-league team, the Beavers. My friend/neighbor has a friend who is the team photographer, so he had a bunch of free tickets. Why not? I'm always up for trying something new.

My verdict was that baseball is okay, but I don't really understand it, and it moves MUCH slower than basketball or soccer. It was fun, and I'm glad I went, but I think Blazer games are more my style. Thanks Joe!

Moving on, last week I went to the Bon Iver concert at Holocene. It was awesome! Bon Iver was technically one of the opening acts, but seemed like most of the people were there to see them, and not the headliner. I felt like my Wisconsin adventure has now come full circle, as Bon Iver is from Wisconsin, and even made a UP reference during the show (apparently, Wisconsins think a lot about Michigan versus Wisconsin territory). I even accidently wore my Wisconsin coffee shop t-shirt. Here's a crappy photo I took at the show:

Finally, this morning, I went to Ken's for breakfast. As I've said a million times, I LOVE going to Ken's for breakfast. Today, I had a slice of Normandy Tart (apples and ground almonds), which I've never tried before. It was delicious. Yes, I swear I will finish the latest installment of my vacation tonight.

3 comments:

Michelle Lasley said...

I didn't realize until (or I forgot) I read your posts that Wisconsin has stakes in the U.P. claim. I know it was contested at the time of decision, but I didn't know resentment was still harbored.

That said, I grew up in the U.P. and the Football team of choice? You guessed it - the Packers. Besides, the U.P. and Wisconsin have some other cultural similarities... and those trolls just don't always understand.

Okay, onto the reason I'm commenting... where is and what is Ken's?

Liz said...

Did you drink at lot at the baseball game? Cause that's really the heart of what makes baseball fun. Lots of beer and then belligerent yelling at the players on the field.

Laura said...

No, I only had one beer. Maybe that was the problem....