Sunday, April 20, 2008

DIY LYD

The floor in my bathroom was super gross: linoleum that as mildewy in places and had ground in dirt in other places. No matter how clean the rest of my bathroom was, the floor totally ruined the effect. I suppose I could have asked my manager to change it, but I've noticed that the tenants who ask him for things often tend to get their rent raised. So I decided it would be cheaper in the long run to just do it myself. I got vinyl tiles that were self-stick. Really, the hardest thing about the whole process was cutting the tiles to fit in oddly-shaped spaces, such as around the toilet. So here's a pictoral of my little DIY project.


Before: Yucky Linoleum

Step 2: Apply latex primer to the floor

Next: Stick tiles to the floor, have Alex help (I really did most of it myself, I just needed some supervision at times).

Finally, done! It looks pretty nice, huh?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow--looks good!

Bruno said...

Looks grreeat!! Have you thought about doing interior design on the side?

--bp