Monday, July 14, 2008

Ah, España!

Forgot to mention last time that I also made it to Morocco. Unfortunately, Bruno didn´t, as apparently Uruguayans need a visa to enter Morocco. So he spent the day on the ferry. Oh well. At least that´s the only disaster we´ve had (plus my Paypal problem), and it was pretty minor.
I´m in Barcelona now, and it looks quite promising. We´re staying in an apartment I found on Craigslist. The owner Maite is very nice and helpful, and there are also two people from California and one from Canada staying there. They´re all very nice. It´s sort of funny though: a beautiful, grand apartment, but no hot water (showering this morning was a bracing experience), you have to light the gas stove by hand, and the toaster also needs rigging up in order to work. But I think it´s going to be great.
Other funny stuff I will explain later:
Rubella
Exciting flight
Essence of Butt
Fartrans
....
More to come, including awesome photos when I´m back in Portland.

No comments: