Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Yesterday the Weird

I had to drive to work yesterday because I was meeting my friend afterward. Walking from the garage to the office, I spy a car driven up onto a fire hydrant. Weird. It was all smashed up, hazard lights on, but no one was around. I mean NO ONE. No driver, no tow truck, nothing. It looked like it might have been there for a while. Then I realized that it was exactly like my Volvo, minus the roof rack. Same color even. Creeeepy. So I called in a report. The dispatch thought it was weird too.
Later. Work, work, work. Then the administrative assistant came by to ask me a question. I was wearing a skirt that zipped up the back. She informed me that the zipper was down. I tried zipping it back up, but no go. The zipper was still up, it's just the teeth were detached. I go to the bathroom to attempt a quick fix. Impossible. So instead of showing off my underwear all day at work, I decide to go home to change.
But I can't get out of the building! Some woman was trying to come in as I was going out, and got her key stuck in the lock (Who on earth uses keys on an office building? I don't. I use a code. Why doesn't she use a code?). Door is jammed, much like my zipper. I finally get the door unstuck, and go home.
Home. Realize that I am completely stuck in the skirt, so I decide the hell with it, and pull it apart. It's really the only way out. Skirt will be going to the tailor when I return from vacation.
Changed, back in work neighborhood, I retrace my steps from the garage back to the office. Smashed Volvo is gone, but instead I see two or three dead baby birds on the sidewalk. Creepy, and gross.
By now, it's 11:15, and I have to meet someone for lunch at 11:30. Needless to say, I didn't accomplish much Monday morning.
So what's the deal? Themes of the day include destruction (car, dead birds) and being trapped (office door, skirt). All that by 11:00 a.m. What does it all mean? It's like the universe was trying to tell me something.

(Sorry, no photos.)

1 comment:

Liz said...

ooo--and did you see you posted the blog at 11:11. Freeeeaky.