Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Autumn I Always Hoped For

Every fall, I hope to do cozy fall things, but in the past, it's never worked out, I'm not sure why. Maybe my friends were feeling like party poopers or something. A couple years ago, for example, I drove out to Hood River all by myself, exploring the Fruit Loop, a beer festival, and picking out a pumpkin. It was a beautiful, sunny day, but come on! By myself? How sad is that?

But that's not the case this year! Over the weekend, Liz organized an outing to the Corn Maize on Sauvie Island, which was a-maizing (heh), and tonight we're all going to carve pumpkins. Yay!
Best of all, we're going to do Thanksgiving at our house this year. Normally, I just go to my parents' house, but Liz (who's from Austin) and Joe (from Boulder) aren't going home for Thanksgiving, and we have a huge house, so we all thought it would be a lot of fun to put on our own Thanksgiving. My parents and various orphans will be joining us. I'm really excited!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

How fun! I've always wanted to have Thanksgiving at my house, but when we do, it is just us, basically a normal day, except that I spent 6 hours cooking dinner instead of 45 minutes! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Liz said...

We're carving pumpkins tonight? Ruh-roh.

Laura said...

I think that's what Joe said yesterday. Or maybe Friday.