Friday, October 10, 2008

Everyone's Too Busy

I noticed lately that a lot of people are having trouble managing things--myself included. There's just too much to do! Some people are having quarter (or third, as the case may be) life crises: Alex, Andrea, re-evaluating what they want to do with life; or trying to make up for not acting out when they were younger; or being unsure what the next step will be, because it seems like it will inevitably be HUGE, and they're not sure if they're ready for it.
Bruno is adjusting to working full time, and trying to figure out how to upgrade things.
Me? No third-of-life crisis; I think I've figured out what I want, now the problem is having the patience to wait for it. To say that I am not a patient person might just be the understatement of the century. I am just overwhelmingly busy. Right now, I am trying to manage working full time, going to school every night, finishing my homework, finding a new place to live, keeping my apartment clean, having time to eat real food & simultaneously lose weight, seeing my friends for a millisecond, and maybe sleeping once in a while.
"So how," you ask, "do you have time to write this blog?"
My answer: I'm home sick.
Yes, everything came to a crashing halt, but I'm welcoming it. Realizing that I kind of felt ill was a relief, because it meant that I could stay home from work, get a decent night's sleep, and do my homework without rushing or slipping it in on the sly. Yes, my head hurts. Yes, my throat hurts, but it's worth it. Isn't that sad? Being happy I caught my classmates' or neighbor's cold because it meant I would have a brief reprieve?
Whatever. I'll take what I can get.
I think once I move things will be a little easier. I won't be solely responsible for a household. That should take some pressure off.
Oh, yeah, and I won't have to drive endlessly around the block looking for parking. That should save some time and consternation as well.

1 comment:

Michelle Lasley said...

What a great image to really hammer in the point! I have maybe 3 bowls left of homemade soup, made yesterday. Let me know if I should slip some your way.