Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why I am Awake at 5:30 a.m.

I'm not a morning person. I prefer staying up late, and waking up late. So why am I up now? Because I am afraid that I'm never going to have opportunity to finish my Civil Procedure Exam. I was so stupid yesterday: I should have either just taken the bus all the way downtown and caught the Lewis and Clark shuttle, or sucked it up and attempted driving there. All the other X-Countrys I saw driving around in SW were doing just fine. None fishtailed, spun out, slid, etc. They drove like nobody's business.
So I can't sleep because I'm afraid that I won't have a chance to finish all my exams, will fail out of law school as a result, and my life will be ruined. OK, probably none of that will happen, I'm being overly dramatic, I'm sure I'm not the only person in this position, and I'm also sure that the law school is well aware that there are many students haven't been able to take all their exams due to school closure or inability to travel. Campus is closed again today. So I should be positive and just think of it as extra time to study, right?
But I really want to be done with it all! I want to be able to relax, watch a movie, read a non-textbook, cook, or just generally goof off without feeling guilty because I could be studying. Oh, and did I mention that I already had a new Civil Procedure reading assignment emailed to me, even though finals are not over yet? Ugh.
I would also prefer to be asleep right now, but I don't think that's going to happen. I think it's going to be afternoon nap by the fake fireplace instead.

1 comment:

Michelle Lasley said...

Well? Did you get to take your exam? Are you done yet?

What are you doing New Year's?

I'm wondering if you and Beth (and maybe Elizabeth) would like to get together for a (quiet?) hurray-the-New-Year-is-in get-together. (My husband hates going out.