Friday, March 20, 2009

How Soon Until I Wake Up From This Nightmare?

I'm having a hard time lately, to put it mildly. I can't talk about everything here, because it's public, but I hope I'll find a new place to live soon. Things have to improve. And, even though it sometimes takes a while, people tend to get what they deserve. I believe in karma.

Class was actually a lot of fun last night, in spite of my overarching feeling of doom. The professor asked my report partner and me to improvise in front of the class a pre-trial negotiation with another pair. We were the prosecution. We were supposed to stand our ground and NOT compromise, even though that's generally not a good negotiation strategy, obviously. Even though when I'm thinking about it, oral advocacy (that's speaking in front of the court) scares the heck out of me, when I actually do it in class, it ends up being a lot of fun, and I think I might be pretty good at it, much better than doing research. This really surprises me. Anyway, I put on a good show in class last night in spite of being exhausted, emotionally drained, and having only ate a cup of yogurt and a green shamrock cookie all day. (Seriously.) In fact, I heard one of my classmates in the audience comment, "that's cold!" after something I said to opposing counsel. Awesome!

So, dear readers, please send good thoughts for me, and hope that I find and get accepted for the apartment of my dreams within the next day or so. I really need a break. You have no idea how stressed out and upset I am. Sweet Alex is letting me stay with him until I find a place, which I infinitely appreciate. But I don't want to stay too long and annoy him. Last night I ended up sitting in my car for 1 1/2 hours waiting for him to come home because I didn't want to call and bother him. Fortunately, there was wifi in the area, so I checked my email, etc. until he returned. I need a home. I need to regroup and sort things out.

No comments: