Thursday, September 17, 2009

Minor Victory, Major Affirmation

Tonight in Criminal Law, I commented on a case we were reading, and the professor said that I had made a very important point--in fact, she said that if I had been the prosecutor for this case, the defendant would have been convicted. (In reality, the prosecutor had missed the point I made, and the defendant escaped a homicide charge.)
Hells Yeah! I really am supposed to be in law school! And I can succeed at being a lawyer!

What a relief!

By the way, I almost didn't go to that class tonight because once I was at school, I realized I had forgotten my book at home. Good thing I didn't skip!

For now though, I need to work on getting that clerkship...it's due the 19th.

3 comments:

Bellatrix said...

right on!

Megan said...

Yay--Laura!

Anonymous said...

that's awesome Laura & good luck on the clerkship! I would like to pass on some unsolicited advice... I know a handful of recent attys... and the ones with lawyer-like jobs are the ones who were able to get lawyer-like internships at LCC... as in volunteering at Legal Aid help, and anything that gets you to practice in a court-like scenario... Something to consider. Good luck.