Thursday, May 8, 2008

Splitting Ends

I got on it and went to CoolRunning.com per Liz, found the "Couch-to-5K Running Plan," printed it out, and did it. This evening. Run number one, from week number one. It went okay, although I tied my left shoe too tight or something, because my foot went numb. Ugh. But I decided I REALLY needed to get off my butt and lose some weight, as it's almost as bad as when I was going out with the stupid junk-food-boyfriend. Bad bad bad. So this is a step in the right direction. And, as I'm planning on going to the beach in Spain, I don't want to look like a cow among all those beautiful Europeans. Hopefully, I will lose 10 pounds. 15 would be excellent, but probably won't happen (that requires me getting so depressed about something that I feel sick when I eat--I think I would rather weigh 5 more pounds than be unhappy). So, good job Laura!
I cut my own hair a few minutes ago. I don't think it looks crazy or anything. It's just that I've had a severe case of split-end-itis the last few months, and keep on going in for a trim, but the damn things keep coming back, causing tangles and generally disgusting hair. I got tired of spending $20 for nothing, so I cut it myself. I really don't think anyone will notice a difference, but now the tangles are gone, thankfully.
I REALLY want to go get a massage or go for the full experience at Loyly. It's a Scandinavian-inspired sauna/spa in SE. It sounds sooooo nice. It's ultra hip, but not expensive. My posture is super bad lately, my shoulders are totally scrunched up to my ears, and I think a massage might help. Even just a pedicure sounds nice: warm water, relaxed feet, and ultimately, pretty toenails. Someday....

I'm excited that so many of my friends are going to make it to my celebration dinner tomorrow night. Yay! At least eight of them. Sweet! I feel popular.

No comments: