Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ah, Multi-tasking



I went over to my friend Alex's house tonight for dinner, along with Bruno. The plan was to have dinner early enough that we would be able to go to the famed "Sesame Donuts" for dessert. I assumed we would be done around 7:00, at which time I would call my other friend Nick, who would meet us at the doughnut shop (he lives WAY out in Hillsboro).

Well, everyone got delayed, and at 7, Bruno was complaining about a swollen gland in his armpit while playing chess with me, and Alex prepared dinner. We were way behind schedule. So I call Nick to let him know the situation, while simultaneously talking to Bruno about the swollen gland and playing chess. I'm blabbing away while Nick answers the phone. What is he greeted with? No, not the typical hello. Rather: "BRUNO, YOU'VE GOT TO STOP TAKING BIRTHCONTROL PILLS!!" I had no idea he had answered the phone already. Whoops.

Nick's response: "Uhhh, moving on..."

I laughed and laughed. Repeatedly. Over the same thing. Throughout the rest of the evening, every time that scene re-entered my head.

So Nick ended up driving all the way to Portland and joined us for dinner. We all ate chicken, talked politics, and drove out to Sesame Donuts. And laughed and laughed and laughed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was fun, but you've gotta give them the whole back story. Like, "Why was Laura telling Bruno that he needs to stop taking birth control?"

--Bruno