Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And Where We're Staying in Barcelona



















Even many of the hostels in Barcelona are ridiculously expensive, so I turned again to craigslist, and I think I totally lucked out. It's a large shared apartment, and only 25 Euros each per night. And the person who rented it to us appears very nice: no deposit required, and sent along directions to the flat via pretty much every form of transportation, as well as useful Spanish phrases for speaking to the cab driver (if we take a cab). Not that we need that, because, after all, Spanish is Bruno's first language. So here it is:

Living Room

Kitchen:

Surrounding Neighborhood:

7 comments:

Sunny said...

How handy to have a kitchen in this one too! The front view of this place is amazing all lit up! OMG! I really can't wait to see your pics when you get back.

Laura said...

Oops, I realize now that the first photo I posted is misleading...that's not the facade of my apartment building, it's some Barcelona monument. I don't actually know what the outside of the building looks like. Hopefully it will be just as grand. :)

Liz said...

I know!! At first I thought you were staying in the Gaudi building and I about peed my pants! But your apartment looks cool too. ;)

Liz said...

At first I thought you were staying in the Gaudi building too and I about feel out of my chair! But, your apartment looks nice too. ;)

Michelle Lasley said...

Gaudi!! Casa Battlo! Fantastic! It's interesting to look at that building in the context of the others...

Sunny said...

I still can't wait to see the pics.

Sunny said...

Maybe I should have paid closer attention to the caption below the photo! LOL!