Friday, June 20, 2008

Alarm Clocks? Cell Phones? Same Thing.


Part II of Alarm Clock Fun, or, Laura is Not a Morning Person

This morning, 7:00 a.m.


BEEP BEEP BEEP


My alarm clock goes off. I roll over, hit the snooze button. Eyes still closed, I say in loud mumble: "Hello!"


Then I realize, no, I did not just answer my phone. That was my alarm clock. I don't need to talk to it. It won't actually respond.


I roll over and go to sleep for another ten minutes. Alarm clock goes off three more times, and snooze button is hit again three more times.

Ugh. Good morning.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I actually use my cell phone as my alarm clock. And it doesn't have a snooze button (which on some mornings is a determent) but usually just forces me to actually get out of bed.

Michelle Lasley said...

I stopped using my cell phone as my alarm clock after I switched, and I no longer have a cool alarm ring tone. Back to the old annoying buzzer.

That said, Levi is my true alarm clock.