Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wheelchair Interruption

My friend Alex came over last night, and I talked him into going to the CD store with me. Three quarters of the way there, near the freeway overpass, we found a wheelchair. Naturally, he got in, and started playing with it. That grossed me out, because some sick person had been in it. Then he got grossed out too, got out, and suddenly wanted to wash his hands. Ewww. Then I noticed the stencilling on the back: GSH. Good Samaritan Hospital. Oh, so that's where it came from. How the hell did it get this far away? Being the good citizens that we are, we decided to wheel it back to the hospital, which is about 6 blocks from my apartment, then start over on the Weezer hunt. Everyone stared at us.
At the hospital, we were immediately greet by two security guards, but they were friendly, and asked where we found it. Apparently, they had been looking for it. They appeared genuinely happy that we had bothered to return it.
By then, it was getting late, so we decided to forego the CD store. Weezer will be bought today instead.
Somehow, it was way more entertaining when it was actually occurring. Sorry. I tried.

3 comments:

Sunny said...

What good Samaritans. It is so rare these days for people to go out of their way to help others and to do the right thing. But, let me know how the cd is when you get it.

Klaus Varley said...

Did the name of the hospital influence your decision?

If I ever start a hospital I'm calling it "Our Lady of Bad People Who Don't Return Things Burn In a Fiery Hell Hospital"

Laura said...

You would think...but no. We're just naturally wonderful people. But probably if it was from a hospital called "Our Lady of Bad People Who Don't Return Things Burn is Fiery Hell Hospital" it never would have gone missing in the first place. The nurses there would be very stern.